Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Still Day 59 Nov 10




Still at Pirates Cove Marina – Tuesday, Day 59
You can tell I’m bored since I’m doing 2 blog updates in one day. Pickensville, AL where we are currently located has a population of 682 while the other close town of Aliceville has 2567. We are just inside the Alabama border from Mississippi west of Tuscaloosa. We plan on leaving tomorrow (Wed), travel 30-50 miles and anchor for the night. The next stop is Demopolis 90 miles from Pickensville and 2 locks. That is where everyone has been held up for hurricane “Ida”. Hopefully they will be gone. Our friends and their boats that were farther south survived the storm without any damage.
I am reading about another big snake encounter locking through. This was a rattlesnake or water moccasin and the picture of it looked huge. I asked Tom what we’d do if the lock chamber is full and we encounter one. He suggested I take my boat pole and shove him off into the water. I said with my luck, he’d hang on and I’d end up with him on the boat. Scary! I think instead I would ask to raft off another boat.
Instead of cocktails tonight someone suggested desserts. Tom keeps our boat stocked with enough packaged sweets that I think we can share.

The image is of our good friends Pam & Dave Feltner from Ohio aboard “Adagio, a 42’ Ocean Alexander Classico. Last night after a provisioning run to Aliceville we dined for the 3rd time at “Down Yonder” in Pickensville. The staff is getting to know us Yankees on a first name basis, very pleasant staff and guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment