Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 80. Apalachicola, FL


I don't think either one of us wants to be a meal, so no swimming here!!!

This is the sign behind our boat and yes you read it correctly “No Swimming” & “Do Not Feed the Alligators” I wish I could just see one and I’ll promise not to feed it. I’ve been told there is a big one that nests on the other side of Scipio Creek, directly across the creek from our bow.

Today several friends; Patsy and Ray Whitney from Port St Joe Marina drove over (To Apalachicola) to have lunch with us and the Hiner's ("Oddysea")at Papa Joes. We were surprised and delighted that they brought Steve and Liz off “Shingebiss”. After the 10 of us had lunch Nancy HIner and I rode our bikes to check out a few shops. I bought a few Christmas presents (and one for myself of course). We had a great “girl” time and a lot of laughs. Tom confessed, he re-visited the local ice cream store this afternoon.

The wind and rain picked up just at dark so we opted to dine on board. We have so many doggie bag left-overs that we actually had a great dinner on board without having to venture out in the rain. Still on a holding pattern here in Apalachicola waiting for the weather to settle down before venturing 30 miles east to Carrabelle, FL and then wait for the weather window to Clearwater FL. As we write this blog, we are bouncing around alot right in our slip, however we are safe and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment