Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 27 Chatanooga











Images:
Hunter Mansion
View from Pedestrian Bridge
Sculpture in park
Shrimp Boat

Today we did our own separate thing. Diann went for a walk and I will let her explain her venture. I rode my bicycle probably about (8) miles exploring various parts of the community. I rode across the river over the pedestrian bridge to North Chattanooga and back to the Chattanooga downtown area. Nice day, nice ride, about 80 degrees today and 83 degrees tomorrow. Of course I had to stop for a specialty ice cream store near the pedestrian bridge and was not disappointed.

We met the couple off of the shrimp boat last night shown in image. Very interesting retro-fit, actually a pretty neat boat. Quarter inch steel hull, single Detroit 6-71, no bow thruster 25’ air draft. Do you think he gets respect when entering tight marinas? They are live aboard cruisers, cruising where ever, enjoying life on the water.
Diann snapped some pretty good pictures while walking today. (See Attached). We think we may have solved our digital camera issue. We purchased and replaced the re-chargeable batteries and everything appears to be now operating correctly. We are starting to plan our departure for Saturday morning, time to move on.

There are 3 ways to get above our dock and I (Diann) took the way that was closest to the area I wanted to see, however it was 140 steps to the top. The Bluff View Art District was well worth it. I went through the Hunter Museum and all the while I thought of the artists in my family and how much they would enjoy it. The house was owned by the originator of coca cola who bought the formula for coke for a $1.00. He did not have children so he left the company to a nephew but stipulated that he could not get married but instead he was to be married to the company. After that I walked through a sculpture garden and wondered how they managed to get their sculptures onto the rocky bluffs. I hope you can see it in the picture. I enjoyed lunch at an outdoor cafĂ© with a latte and a turkey sandwich on tomato and basil bread made from the bakery next door. I’m in heaven! Everyone knows how I love my gourmet food.

Do you remember the couple from England who had their boat shipped over? Terry & Sue were walking by the boat and recognized our boat name and stopped for a drink with us. Of course he asked for white wine which I didn’t have cold so he settled for a beer. That won’t happen again. I’ll get rid of the food if necessary.

We had dinner on board tonight and enjoyed some of Luke’s corn (our neighbor from Safe Harbor). When I cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer at home, I wasn’t about to let the corn go so I’ve had it in the boat freezer. Thank you Luke!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome scenery and fantastic sculptures! I agree, how did they get them installed? We are all enjoying your adventures and great pics!

    Miss Ya!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete