Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sat Day 161, Plantation Key


Sunset from Harbour Cay Tiki Hut







Sunset from Harbour Cay Tiki Hut









Sunset from Harbour Cay Tiki Hut









Plantation Marina looking out to Florida Bay








View of Beach located at Founders Park while at Flea Market.











One isle of the many booths at the 14th Annual Gigantic Nautical Flea Market"








I picked up a rental car today in order to run up to Miami tomorrow for Diann’s afternoon arrival. Today’s weather is as about as good as it gets, 76-77, clear skies, low humidity, 5-10 easterly winds. With a vehicle I had the luxury of driving about 30 miles up the Keys to the “14th Annual Gigantic Nautical Flea Market” held at Founders Park on Plantation Key. The two-day open-air market allows bargain hunters to check out new and used boat parts, electronics, marine products, scuba and snorkel gear, dock equipment, nautical arts and crafts, fishing gear and clothing. All parts and equipment, whether unusual or necessary, make life easier in, on or under water in the Keys. I ran into several loopers at the event: Alex and Cindy Shue, “Tug Hill Tug”, Michael & Jana Laporte “Second Wind”, Jerry off “Monk’s Vineyard”. Dan off “Biddi & the Beast” & I had lots of laughs at one of the gel coat restoration booths. Of course we both purchased the product and I went back to “Noah Genda” and tried out my new found Polymer product called “First Finish” Actually it works quite well, easy on easy off and I am impressed with the results.

Upon return to our boat at Harbour Cay Club, I opted to join others enjoying sunset celebration at the Tiki Hut. What a great way to cap a perfect day of enjoying the great times here in the Florida Keys. Great people, good conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys! It was great to see Diann last week (we missed you Tom!)...I have a card I want to send to you, is there a port you will be at in a week or so I could safely send it to?

    ReplyDelete